NAME: Natalie Patterson | HOME GROWN: LA by way of Indiana | DAY JOB: Day job?! No buddy! | DREAM JOB: I'm living my dream job. Poet. Teaching artist. Fully myself.
MEAL: Pork chops from Blossom, although I'm a vegetarian again. | SOUND: When PayPal alerts me that someone has paid me. | SCENT: Warm syrup | WORD: Mellifluous | APP: Maps
Q & A.
01. WHO WOULD PORTRAY YOU IN THE MOVIE VERSION OF YOUR LIFE?
I would, obviously. Anything else would be weird.
02. WHAT ARTISTS OR SONGS WOULD CONTRIBUTE TO THE FILM'S SOUNDTRACK?
I would need Drake, Beyoncé, Etta James, Tracy Chapman, Meshell Ndegeocello, Jay Z, Frou Frou, Yuna, Quadron, and Jill Scott.
03. WHAT'S THE BEST ADVICE YOU DIDN'T TAKE?
If it was good, I took it.
04. IF YOUR BEAUTY ROUTINE HAD TO BE CONDENSED, WHAT THREE PRODUCTS MAKE THE CUT?
– African Royale Hot Six Oil
– La Bella Max Hold Styling Gel
– Sephora Collection Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner
05. ARE YOU THE WOMAN YOUR TEN YEAR OLD SELF WANTED TO BE?
I wanted to be Janet Jackson. I met her a few years ago, I shared that with her in a note I wrote her. I wanted to be confident, sexy, and kind. I think I am those things actualized.
06. WHAT IS YOUR ALTER EGO'S NAME? DESCRIBE HER IN ONE WORD.
07. FOOD, WATER, AND _____? WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED TO SURVIVE?
Love. If I've got that…I'm winning.
08. WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE NO REGRETS OR NO FEARS?
I'd much rather have no fears. That is the thing that holds me back from being everything else that I am.
09. WHAT'S YOUR DEFINITION OF DIME?
Fully one's self. Being integrated in your life makes everything more fluid and beautiful.
10. WHAT WORDS DO YOU LIVE BY?
– You can't lead if you don't serve.
– Worry not.
– All things work together for the highest good.
Video Credit: That's What She Said – Ten Things Every Female Should Know by Natalie Patterson. Content from the SoulPancake + Darling Magazine collaboration film series.
Photography provided courtesy of Natalie Patterson.